What's New in County 22 - June 2012
I grew up on motorcycles and love to ride “dirt bike” on cow trails or even in my younger days tried “hill climbing”, but for some reason I have never desired to get on a highway. I presume it is because of what I have seen on the highways and the motorcycle accidents I have been involved with, and also a part of me knowing how many deer and raccoon are running across the road. Even though I don’t ride on the highway, I respect those that do and you should too. The same goes for tractors in tractorcades and cars in car cruises. These vehicles have the same rights and privileges as any motor vehicle on the roadway. Here are some safety tips in case you do decide to ride in one of these events:
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Follow all traffic laws
- Only use cell phones in case of emergency.
- Stay with assigned group
- Depart during assigned group's designated time
- Post a SMV sign if in a tractorcade
- Follow the designated route
- Drinking of Alcoholic beverages is not allowed on public roadways
If you have any questions, or comments, feel free to contact me anytime, e-mail me, or stop by to see me.
Thanks and be safe,
Sheriff Mike Tschirgi
Last Updated on Thursday, 27 December 2012 10:53